How to Tell if What you’re Experiencing is Anxiety
Anxiety is an emotion that serves a very important function – to help us survive. Sometimes, it can get out of hand though, and start to affect our lives negatively. Here are 5 signs to look for;
- Excessive worrying that you can’t seem to control
- Feeling like the anxiety is taking over your life and starting to affect your functioning negatively
- Experiencing a deterioration of social interaction, communication and bonding with family and friends
- Physiological symptoms that arise with the anxiety, that cannot be explained by other medical conditions. Some examples include; excessive sweating, trembling, increased heart rate, trouble breathing, difficulty sleeping, fatigue, etc.
- Reduction in ability to concentrate and complete day-to-day tasks.
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing these symptoms, please talk to your doctor to rule out other medical conditions, and seek professional psychological help.
In the midst of it all, it’s hard to remember that anxiety is a treatable condition. Even the most severe kind of anxiety can be helped with psychotherapy, pharmacological intervention, or a combination of both.
Check out the video below for a quick video on what Anxiety is.